For the last ten years, there has been a lot of changes in the healthcare industry. While some would argue that some of the changes may have resulted in not so many good things, there’s no doubt that the benefits do outweigh the negative impact the changes may have created.
Here are just some of the ways that the healthcare industry has changed. Read through them and find out what services and technology you can enjoy in this time and age.
- A better record of patient's – records of patients can now be shared seamlessly between the doctors. Years ago, so many records have been deemed lost because there were no electronic medical records or copies of it. Data is very important in healthcare, now technology has improved that even patients can have access to their records through portal technology.
- Improved communication – there are times when it is hard to get ahold of doctors and specialists, given their busy schedules. Now it is easier for patients to be able to communicate with their doctors. There are even software and apps that can translate the doctor’s orders to the native language of the patient and this reduces any confusion in the diagnosis and treatment.
- Some technology has become wearable – gone are the days when you need to go to the hospital to check vital signs or monitor overall health. With the use of smart watches and other technology, people are now able to check their health. They will know the calories they consume and plan their diet accordingly. With wearable technology, they can also come up with a more efficient exercise program that would benefit them.
- Medical research has flourished – one of the best things to happen in the last ten years is that there is so much more research being done that has the potential to improve the quality of life of every human being. New drugs and treatment are the results of years of research, and more are being developed to fight diseases that have plagued humans for a long time. Although there is still so much work to be done, there is no denying that this research is making an impact in circumstances where it would have been hopeless years ago.
- STD testing can be online – some people are afraid of the stigma that comes with being tested for STDs. The good thing is that you can actually look for testing centers online and even receive your results through your email address. You can be assured of confidentiality and stop being afraid to get tested for any STD. If you want more information about this process, see more here at this site. They are very much aware of the importance of confidentiality and even provides access to their physicians without additional cost.
In the past decade, the healthcare industry has continuously developed to provide the best service for people all over the world. Surely, the next decade will bring about more changes which can only result in good things for everyone.