Maple syrup - like ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin, and nutmeg - is one of those flavors I associate with fall. It's so comforting to me, especially since fall is my favorite season! A delicious and natural sweetener, it was a wonderful woody taste and smell that appeals to both grownups and children. It doesn't have to be limited to a pancake topping: here are a few more ideas!
- Beverage Sweetener – Why not try a teaspoon of maple syrup in your tea or coffee? It has a nicer taste than plan sugar and a depth that’s more intense than honey.
- Cough Syrup – If you feel like a cold is approaching try a soothing maple cough syrup. It’s completely natural and will help sooth your throat. Place a teaspoon of maple syrup along with the juice of half a lemon in a cup, add hot water, swirl and sip.
- Muffins & Baked Goods– Try a whole wheat basic muffin recipe and replace half of the sugar (or all of it - go nuts!) with a few tablespoons of maple syrup. It’s better for you and will give your muffins a more intense flavor. Maple syrup goes great in cookies - try it in all kinds of baked goods!
- Flavor Meat - If you eat pork, maple syrup pairs deliciously with ham, bacon and sausage!
- Sweeten Oatmeal - You don't have to make pancakes to enjoy maple flavor at breakfast. 🙂
- Replace Brown Sugar - Maple usually makes a good substitute for brown sugar, adding intensity to any recipe. Think: glazed carrots, granola, or whatever you can dream up!
Whats your favorite way to use maple syrup?
Love your suggestions!! YUMM!!!