Most crunchy mamas are aware that baltic amber teething necklaces can be great for helping little ones get through the pain and agony of growing new chompers. I can absolutely attest to this fact – I had never heard of them when I had my first baby, and remember the pain he had every time he had a new tooth coming in. My younger son, though, has been wearing an amber necklace since he was about 3 months old. He is now 10 months old and has 8 teeth! He was really only fussy twice from teething – amazing. The amber necklace seems to dull the pain and diminish the fever that often comes with teething. I am so thankful for the healing properties of amber, since I don't really like to give medications to my kids, but I sure don't want to see them in pain! Amber is completely natural, of course, and definitely effective.
Knowing how beneficial amber is for my baby, I was really excited when the opportunity to work with Spark of Amber
came up through the Green Moms Network – I wanted to see what kind of benefits amber had to offer adults!
I have noticed the definite calming effects of amber. For a number of reasons, the past couple of weeks have been incredibly stressful for me. While stress often makes me physically shaky, overly anxious, and irritable, I feel like I was better handling things than I normally would. It's hard to really pinpoint what's due to the amber necklace or other circumstances, so I will observe the effects more, as well – but from what I've seen over the last couple of weeks, I would totally recommend giving amber a try if you struggle with anxiety!
Not to mention… the necklace (I chose Firefly) is gorgeous!
There are a few other benefits baltic amber has to offer adults as well:
Benefits of Baltic Amber for Adults
- pain relief, especially for the head, neck, and throat
- anti-toxic and anti-bacterial properties for immune support
- relieves skin irritations
- aids with congestion
How to Reap the Benefits of Amber
I did a little research on how to best use amber jewelry, and there are a few ways to maximize the benefits. These apply whether you are using amber for yourself or for babies and toddlers.
- Wear the amber as often as possible – 24/7 except when bathing is ideal!
- Wear the amber as near the point of pain as you can. For example, if you have arthritis in your hands, you would want to wear amber bracelets. For headaches or teething, a necklace is better.
- Be sure that the amber you choose is authentic – there are unfortunately some dud companies out there!
How Baltic Amber Works
So.. how does amber work? Despite it's pretty-stone-like appearance, amber is actually a tree resin that contains a handy little chemical called succinic acid. When you wear amber jewelry, your skin warms up the beads, which in turn release a bit of the succinic acid through your skin and into your bloodstream. The succinic acid is what offers all of the medicinal and calming properties – naturally! So it's not a mystical woo-woo magical fad, it is all very scientific and legitimate. 🙂
Like I said, I'm really pleased with my experience with Spark of Amber. I encourage you to buy your amber jewelry from the mom-run company! You can feel good about supporting this company for several reasons:
- Spark of Amber jewelry is all professionally tested to verify authenticity.
- Their jewelry is all very well priced compared to other amber companies, and they even offer free shipping on every order!
- Spark of Amber is based in the US – Owner and fellow work at home mama Julie runs the company here while the jewelry is assembled in Lithuania by 3 women supporting their families as opposed to big factories. Love this. <3
- Spark of Amber offers many different options for jewelry – teething necklaces, adult necklaces, bracelets, rings, anklets and pendants! There is truly something for everyone.