Whipped soap is a fun addition to your self care routine and makes a sweet gift! Here's one version you'll love, featuring two beautiful skin-loving herbs: calendula + lavender.
- 1 cup whipped soap base (Find it on Amazon)
- 2 tablespoons liquid vegetable glycerin (Find it on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ pound of clear melt and pour soap base (Find it on Amazon)
- 2 tablespoons dried calendula flowers (Find it on Amazon)
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender (Find it on Amazon)
- Spice grinder (Find it on Amazon)
- Yellow or orange soap colorant (Find it on Amazon)
- Lavender or purple soap colorant (Find it on Amazon)
- 2 8-ounce wide mouth Mason Jars (Find it on Amazon)
- 1 large mixing bowl (Find it on Amazon)
- 2 small mixing bowls (Find it on Amazon)
- Hand Mixer (Find it on Amazon) OR
- Stand Mixer (Find it on Amazon)
- Spatula (Find it on Amazon)
- Large piping bag (Find it on Amazon)
- Large piping tip (Find it on Amazon)
This recipe makes approximately 16 ounces of whipped soap
Steps 1-3: In a large mixing bowl, add whipped soap base and glycerin. Mix on low with a hand or stand mixer for 1 minute.
Step 4: In a small microwave container, add 6-8 cubes (each cube equals a little less than 1 ounce) of the clear soap base. Heat in 30 second bursts until soap is completely melted.
Steps 5-6: Fold cornstarch into whipped soap mixture. Add melted soap base and mix on low with a hand or stand mixer for 1 minute. Mix on high until mixture begins to thicken and is light and fluffy, much like frosting.
Steps 7-9: Divide soap mixture into two smaller bowls. Mix in 1-2 drops of the lavender/purple to one and 1-2 drops of yellow/orange to the other. Mix in the dried calendula and lavender. I used a spice grinder to make it easier to pipe the mixture into the jars.
Steps 10-11: Cut tip of piping bag and place piping tip into the piping bag. Carefully add one of each color frosting, so they are side by side, to the piping bag.
Step 15: Holding bag tightly in your dominant hand, pipe the frosting into your Mason Jar. Top with a sprinkling of dried flowers if desired.