I don't watch much TV (mostly just things that look good on Netflix) but I was able to catch an episode of Dancing with the Stars during last year's season. I geek out over dance quite a bit actually!
Carrie Ann Inaba is one of the critics on the show and also an accomplished dancer and choreographer. She's also passionate about natural living. I enjoyed reading her interview in Natural Health Magazine this month. Here are her top 5 tips for healthy living:
- Start and end each day with lemon water. “Since my parents' cancer diagnoses, I've been extremely conscious of keeping my body alkaline because I've learned that cancer thrives in acidic environments.”
- Meditate. “I used to feel I had to sit for a half hour, but even five minutes makes a huge difference.”
- Spend time with animals. “I always feel better after time with my cats, either cozied up on the sofa or outside in the grass.”
- Stretch. “Tune in to your body and notice where you feel tight. For me it's my shoulders and neck, so I do heart-opening stretches.
- Be grateful. “Focus on what you're grateful for and thank the universe, God or whomever you like. It helps keep things in perspective.”