Each winter, I'm reminded just how harsh the cold, dry air can be on my skin. If you've been in harsh cold climates, you know how easy it is for your lips to get chapped or for flakes to appear.
When it comes to keeping your skin hydrated in the winter, keep these tips in mind:
- prevention: getting rid of dry skin is more difficult and painful than preventing it in the first place
- protection: protecting your skin from the harsh winter air is important – cover your skin with clothing, balms, and other protectants when you'll be outside
- hydration – drink plenty of water and use moisturizing skincare products to keep your skin in good shape
I've been making and using my own avocado serum for hydrated skin throughout the winter for years. It's a simple oil blend and it's super easy to use.
Don't want to DIY?
You can get this avocado serum in the shop, too – it's made using this exact recipe!
How to Make Hydrating Avocado Serum
- 3/4 oz Avocado oil
- 1/4 oz Jojoba oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Ylang ylang essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a 1 oz. glass amber bottle. (Use a bottle with a pump, not a dropper, to keep it fresher longer.)
- Shake the bottle gently to combine.
- Label + store in a cool, dark, dry area.
How to Use Avocado Hydrating Serum
Start with a clean face and fingers, and apply 2-3 drops to damp skin each time you wash up.