Peppermint lip gloss is so yummy and refreshing. It makes a great on-the-go gloss that's perfect for tossing in your bag.
Most of the recipes I've seen for Peppermint lip gloss contain Peppermint essential oil. They seem a little strong to me, so I wanted to formulate a Peppermint lip gloss recipe without essential oils.
I'm very happy with how this turned out! This lip gloss recipe has a couple other helpful ingredients, too:
- Peppermint is a fresh and energizing herb that tastes great - perfect for lip gloss!
- Aloe vera gel is incredibly hydrating, lending to soft, supple lips.
- Avocado oil is a thick, nourishing oil that provides moisture and creates a protective barrier.
- ⅛ cup dried peppermint
- 2 ounces aloe vera gel
- ½ tsp. avocado oil
- Combine dried peppermint and aloe vera gel thoroughly in a glass jar. The mixture will be very thick and just look like wet peppermint herb.
- Seal the jar and place it in a crockpot.
- Add water to the crockpot so that the water level sits above the level of the aloe mixture in the jar.
- Infuse on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Pour the aloe mixture through a mesh strainer to remove the peppermint herb.
- Add avocado oil and mix thoroughly while still warm.
- Store in airtight containers, such as these roll on bottles or these lip gloss containers.
- Apply labels and enjoy!