You're probably already enjoying pumpkin goodies in full swing this fall, but did you know that this gourd is great for your skin, too? It is! There are loads of reasons to use pumpkin in your skincare routine...
You can add pumpkin puree to your homemade scrubs and masks. Really, pumpkin puree on its own is a wonderful mask.
Benefits of Pumpkin for Skincare
- Pumpkin has a small molecular structure, which allows all of its helpful enzymes, vitamins, and minerals to penetrate the skin effectively
- Pumpkin's fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) increase cell turnover, leading to renewed, more vibrant skin
- According to the National Dermal Institute, "Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging."
But of course, recipes are always more fun - I like to add other ingredients for even more skin benefits:
Pumpkin Mask Recipe
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
How to Use
Apply a thick layer of the mask to your entire face + neck area. Allow the mask to sit on your skin for 10-20 minutes. Store unused mixture in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.