It's that time of year again! Pumpkin spice flavors, colors, and smells are everywhere - and we can't get enough of them.
Pumpkin spice flavors have been found in coffee, snacks, and desserts - and you can find the great smell in candles and air fresheners, bringing the best smell of autumn into our own home.
One thing we love as much as pumpkin spice smells and tastes is using non-toxic products, and making our own fragrances from natural ingredients like essential oils.
Room sprays can be created using any essential oils. Just add them to water in a spray bottle, and create any scent you like. To create a pumpkin spice room spray, there are a few key oils that make up that delightful aroma.
- 15 Drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Clove Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Orange Essential OIl
- 5 Drops Cardamom Essential Oil
- 5 Drops of Vanilla Essential Oil
- 3 Ounces of Witch Hazel Extract
- 2 Ounces of Distilled Water
Add all of these ingredients to a 5 ounce spray bottle. Glass or aluminum is best, since essential oils can break down some types of plastic. If you want to use a larger one, simply add more essential oils (for example, double the recipe for a 10 oz. spray bottle).
You can also use this essential oil combination to fill up your essential oil diffuser, just add the essential oils and water to create that great pumpkin spice scent easily!
What are your favorite fall scents?