Clearly, my quest to write blog posts about essential oils for 31 days straight in October did not go according to plan. I have no regrets, other than kidding myself that I didn't have enough going on. That's life when you have a new house, a booming business, and an eBook launching soon (!!). I'm blessed.
That said, I'm sorry to have disappointed anyone who was looking forward to all the info about essential oils this month. I can't say it will be the last time I bite off more than I can chew, but I'm working on it – I swear!
I'm not done talking about essential oils, though: today I wanted to share some of the essential oils my husband tends to gravitate toward that perhaps the men in your life will enjoy, too.
The holidays are approaching, after all – men are the WORST to shop for aren't they? Here's just one of many ideas: some handy essential oils they'll love. Here are some my love loves:
- Rosemary: He hates it in food, but loves it on his skin and hair. It's supposed to help thicken hair and is really great for dry scalp and skin. It smells strong, herby and has energizing, clarifying aromatherapy properties.
- Cedarwood: I've taken to dusting with diluted cedarwood oil because it makes our old house smell like a tree. It's also good for skin and blends nicely with several oils. It has sedative aromatherapy qualities – and they're no joke, so skip it in the morning!
- Lemongrass: It's one of my favorites too. This herby-citrusy scent is to die for.
- Peppermint: It's an energizing oil, and it's also really awesome when used in massage for soothing tired, sore muscles. It's a wonderful pick-me-up and of course it smells really good.
- Tea tree: It's another great one for the hair and scalp and has an earthy, almost medicinal smell that people seem to either love or hate.