Have you ever noticed that when you have more people spending time at home, you end up with far more messes and more smells? Makes sense.
So sometimes we need a little help, but you don't have to resort to toxic chemicals to make your home smell lovely.
Here are 9 tips and tools we can use to keep our homes naturally fresh.
9 Tips for a Naturally Fresh Home
- Use potpourri. You can make your own using dried herbs, flowers, fruits, and other natural materials.
- Keep plants in your home - they'll keep your home fresher as they produce oxygen.
- Use an aromatherapy spray like this uplifting aromatherapy spray, pumpkin spice spray, or lavender chamomile sleepy time linen spray. I make my own using hydrosols, and it's lovely (and safe!)
- Make your own natural fabric softener. Water and essential oils - that's all you need!
- Light candles... but only certain ones. While paraffin releases carcinogens into the air when you burn them, beeswax actually purifies the air as it's burned!
- Open up the windows as often as you can. Fresh air coming in helps a lot.
- Clean the floors. Bathroom and kitchen floors are the landing spot for a lot of odor-causing debris and... stuff.
- Clean out the garbage disposal. It's a common source of odor, since food can get trapped in there and start to smell funky.
- Shampoo the carpets. As often as you can, clean carpets to eliminate and prevent any odor-causing buildup.