I get really bored with any exercise that's too repetitive or that is done just for the sake of moving. I like to feel like I'm actually having a worthwhile experience while I'm exercising! Does that make sense?
Spending time outdoors in nature is what I really love, so finding activities to do outside that are active is my favorite. I also love anything that the whole family can be involved in.
Here are some of my favorite outdoor activities to get moving!
- Hiking - we live near a wildlife management area that is beautiful and really fun to hike through! These are all over the place, and even if you live in a city there are probably interesting places to walk and explore.
- Swimming - while it's an activity we don't get to enjoy much of the year here in North Dakota, swimming is great exercise and lots of fun.
- Canoeing - on the same note, canoeing is a peaceful and relaxing way to get active outdoors. I love seeing all the wildlife around while canoeing!
- Snowshoeing - while I've never done this myself, some in my family have and I guess it is a pretty good workout.
- Hunting - even if you don't eat meat, some people like to "hunt" with a camera.
- Kickball - since our kids are little, when we play this, it literally just means "go outside and kick the ball around." but it's still lots of fun!
- Training dogs - Our dog needs lot's of exercise, so training him and taking him outside to play is one of our more frequent activities. I think that training dogs is a really great experience for kids, too.
- Gathering - picking fruit, herbs, and edibles is fun and you get free or cheap groceries out of the deal!
- Gardening - another source of food, gardening can be a great form of exercise and is another good activity to do with kids.
According to Nature.org, "The statistics are alarming: in a typical week, only 6 percent of children ages 9-13 play outside on their own and kids 8 to 18 spend an overwhelming 53 hours a week using entertainment media." This is something pretty much every family has to be aware of these days - getting outside is a great way to "unplug" as well as stay active and healthy! I've also read that kids who spend more time outdoors are less likely to have serious allergies.
What do you like to do outside to stay active?
Apparently just one hour of outside play a day reduces the chance of your child becoming near-sighted and needing eyeglasses. In case you needed another reason for going outside.
I believe it!
I also hate exercise unless I'm actually doing something fun. It's rough in the winter when it's too cold, like right now. Now I just have to resign myself to running up and down the stairs as much as possible and cleaning. I can't wait for spring.
Me neither! I feel like a hamster in a cage as the winter drags on. I'm spoiled after last year!
Unquestionably believe that which you said.
Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about
worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side effect ,
people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
Here is my webpage - robe d avocat
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as
I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My website is in the exact same niche as yours and
my visitors would definitely benefit from some of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Appreciate it!
Feel free to visit my webpage ... ouverture de porte serrurerie Métalux
Every weekend i used to go to see this site, for the reason that i want enjoyment, for the reason that this this site conations actually good funny stuff too.
Here is my homepage ... tarif coffre fort numérique pour particuliers pas cher
Good site you have here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours these days. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
Review my blog post ... tarif changement coffre fort Fichet Bauche pas cher
bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!
my web blog ... serrurier