Are these guacamole bath bombs not ridiculously adorable? They would make such a fun gift for the avocado-lover in your life. They are actually super simple to make, too - just like any bath bomb, but here you're working with a few different layers.
Guacamole Bath Bomb Recipe
Here's a step-by-step.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup epsom salts
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon avocado oil
- 25 drops lime or lemon essential oil
- 2 teaspoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon green mica powder
- 1 teaspoon sliver/black mica powder
- 1 teaspoon nut brown mica powder
- 2-4 tablespoons guacamole sprinkles blend
- 4-5 large bath bomb molds
- 4-5 small bath bomb molds
- Whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and epsom salts.
- In a second bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, essential oil blend and witch hazel together, mixing well.
- Add liquid ingredients 1 teaspoon at a time to the dry ingredients, mixing it together slowly so as not to start the fizzy reaction.
- Split out 1 cup of the mixture into a secondary small bowl.
- In the remaining larger portion of bath bomb mixture, add in the green mica powder and mix well. If you want more green color, add some additional mica powder in 1 teaspoon increments.
- In the smaller bowl, add the silver/black and nut brown mica powders and stir until the color is consistent throughout. If you want a darker avocado pit color, add some additional mica powder in 1 teaspoon increments.
- Dust the insides of the smaller bath bomb molds with cornstarch. Pack both sides full of the dark brown mixture, overfilling each side. Press and grind the two filled halves of the small bath bomb molds together to compress the two sides into one ball. Gently tap the sides and remove the small bath bomb from the middle.
- Dust the bottom of one side of one of the larger bath bomb molds with cornstarch. The sprinkle side tends to come out on its own, so do not bother to dust that side with cornstarch.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of sprinkles in the non-dusted side of the bath bomb mold.
- Immediately pack the bath bomb mold with the sprinkles about half full of the green mixture, packing it up the sides a bit, followed by placing one of the small dark bath bomb balls in the center, then packing around that with another teaspoon of green bath bomb mixture to top off the mold.
- In the other cornstarch-dusted side of the bath bomb mold, pack it with the green bath bomb mixture about ⅔ full, pressing it up against the sides tightly.
- Press the two sides of the bath bomb mold together, grinding and pressing them to force the two together.
- Allow the bath bombs to rest in the mold for up to 24 hours before gently tapping the side of the mold to release the bombs.
- Use your bath bombs immediately or store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use!