Not only are they just a delight, face masks are an important part of a healthy skincare routine. Face masks can serve a number or purposes, depending on what your skin needs. I would call this particular herbal oatmeal face mask a cleansing mask and recommend it for oily or normal skin. The ingredients in this mask brighten, tone, and clean. If you're prone to dryness, a hydrating mask would be a better choice than this one.
Herbal Oatmeal Face Mask Ingredients:
- 1 ½ tbsp. Hot water
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- ⅓ - ½ c. Old Fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. Buttermilk
- 3 drops Lavender essential Oil
- 1 drop Lemongrass essential Oil
How to Make This Herbal Oatmeal Face Mask:
- Pour 1 ½ tablespoons of hot water into a bowl.
- Add in 1 drop of lemongrass essential oil.
- Place 3 drops of Lavender essential oil into the bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to the bowl, and stir well with a whisk.
- Pour in ⅓ of a cup of old fashioned oats.
- Add 1 tablespoon of buttermilk to the mixture, and stir well. If the mixture is too wet at this point, you can add some more oats a little at a time. When finished, you want the oat mixture to form a loose paste that can be spread on the face.
- Let the mixture sit for 2-3 minutes, and then apply to the face in a thin layer. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
Why it Works:
- Oats contain saponin, and act as a natural mild cleanser, they also help to soften as a gentle mechanical exfoliant.
- Honey is moisturizing, and contains antibacterial properties. It is also full of antioxidants, which can slow down the aging process.
- Buttermilk softens and brightens skin. It also can act as a skin tightener due to its high lactic acid content.
- Lemongrass has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lavender soothes skin, and can be used to help treat acne.
This sounds so nice! Thanks for the recipe!