A one-size-fits-all approach will never work when it comes to wellness. Even when it comes to holistic practices.
“What herbs will give me more energy? What should I be eating? What oils should I use on my skin?”
The truth is, it's so different for everyone because we're all so unique.
If you want to improve your your energy, your outlook, and just feel better, here are a few practices you can start implementing in a way that's right for you.
1. Practice mindfulness. So often we can actually step right out of negative experiences by observing what's happening in our mind. Meditation is a wonderful practice, even if it's only for 5-10 minutes a day. MindPlace has guided meditations that make it easier.
2. Build a nutritive tea. You can learn to create your own tea blends that support your health in all the right ways in every season. It's a daily practice that really rounds out your wellness strategy. Here's how to create a blend that's right for you.
3. Eat local, in season. There are so many different ways of eating that can be right for each individual, but we can all benefit from more food that's local, organic, and in season. Food that doesn't have to travel long or be stored is more nutritious and has more beneficial enzymes. If you live in a food desert like I do, I believe frozen is the next best option.
4. Prioritize self care. There's a reason this topic is so popular and it's because people too often neglect their self care. Self care is the foundation of a well-lived life. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't be a positive impact on others. (Not for long, anyway!) Here are 20 ways to care for yourself even if life is busy.
5. Follow joy. What makes you happy? Do more of that.