The weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS lately so we have been playing outside and walking around town a lot more than usual. Between the increased exercise and my belly growing bigger and bigger every day, I am sore. So when Melina Bee asked for a natural "tiger balm" recipe, I wondered why I hadn't thought of it myself! Here's what I came up with:
- ½ cup of shea butter
- 1 tbsp. beeswax pastilles (you can omit these, but your balm will melt if it gets too warm, so keep it in a cool place & not in your purse!!)
- ginger essential oil
- peppermint essential oil
- Melt the shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler until all of the chunks have disappeared. Remove it from the heat as quickly as possible to avoid cooking away nutrients. It won't take long so stay with it!
- Stir in 10 drops each of peppermint and ginger essential oils.
- Pour the mixture in a metal or glass container. An old altoids tin would be adorable or a mason jar - whatever you have on hand!
- Let it cool - you can stick it in the fridge or freezer if you're impatient like me.
- Get someone really cute to rub it on your achy muscles.