If you're going to create or spend good money on high quality skincare, you need to make sure you're doing your skincare routine in the right order. Doing your skincare routine out of order:
- wastes product
- doesn't give you the results you could be getting, since some products are meant to sit on your skin and others aren't
If you want to see the best possible results, use your skincare products in the right order.
The best skincare routine order
- Cleanse - remove dirt, makeup, and oil from your skin using your favorite cleanser.
- Exfoliate - about twice a week, use a mechanical (a gentle scrub) or chemical (a fruit peel) exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and allow healthy renewal of your skin.
- Tone - open your pores with a toning agent like witch hazel.
- Mask - if you're using a mask, now is the time.
- Treat - use a serum with ingredients that address your skincare concerns. Use your "all over" serums before your spot treatments.
- Moisturize. Lock everything in with your favorite nourishing moisturizer.
- Prime. Using a primer (whether you wear makeup or not) blurs pores and lines and can add even more beneficial properties to your routine.
This sequence will give you maximum results from your skincare routine. Order is important!