Using a toner is a crucial skincare step, but it's one people often skip. Toner helps to remove the excess dirt, oil, and makeup that usually builds up on your skin during the day. It also primes your skin for the next products in your routine, like serums, masks, and moisturizers.
Lavender face toner is a versatile option that will work for any skin type.
Lavender has been used for centuries to soothe nerves and enhance relaxation. It's also a great natural skin care product as it helps balance oil production, reduce inflammation, and fight acne-causing bacteria.
Lavender offers anti-inflammatory + anti-bacterial actions.
Lavender is gentle enough to be soothing for dry patches of skin.
The calming scent of lavender doesn't hurt, either. Using lavender products at the end of the day can help you relax for the night.
Making your own lavender face toner is as easy as making your own lavender tea – really, that's it! Use a cotton pad to apply cool lavender tea just after cleansing and before your other skincare products.
It's a lovely way to use lavender in your selfcare routine!
Lavender Face Tonic Ingredients:
- 2 cups of water
- 6-7 sprigs of dried lavender flowers
- Clean jar or bottle
How to Make Lavender Face Tonic:
- Make lavender tea by boiling the water and pouring it over the lavender flowers.
- Wait while lavender is brewing
- Allow cooling completely
- Stain it and put in the bottle.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
DIY Lavender Products
Want to make more self care goodies with lavender? Check out these recipes!
- Lavender Chamomile Sleepy Time Linen Spray
- DIY lavender bath salts
- Calendula & Lavender Whipped Soap Recipe
- DIY peppermint + lavender essential oil vapor rub
- How to make organic lavender body powder